Friday, March 25, 2011

Titan Toddler Day!

Every year, the high school that I teach at, puts on a Titan Toddler Day. The psychology, child development, and home ec classes host a toddler day for all of the staff that have toddler aged kids. This was Addison's first year attending and she had a ball! It was so nice to get to take her to work with me for a day and I could pop in and see her whenever I had a break from my classes. The high school students did a great job of preparing activities and events for the toddlers as well. They had 11 kids, ages 2 - 4, and kept them busy ALL day... 8:15am to 3pm. They had lots of arts and crafts, puzzles, games, an easter egg hunt outside, bubbles, chalk drawing, play doh, etc. I think the high schoolers were more worn out by the end of the day than the toddlers were! I mentioned to the teacher that organizes this event, that it kind of serves as a safe sex message as well. The high schoolers got a true glimpse of what toddlers are really like and how much work it is. Hopefully they will take that message to heart. Take a look at a few pictures of Addison in action on Titan Toddler Day : )

Addison and Mommy at Titan Toddler Day

Addison workin the tambourine

Doing a little finger painting

Building with blocks

Playing in tent town... this was by far, her favorite!

There was a series of tents and tunnels for the kids to crawl through

The high school kids made each toddler a special tshirt for the day with their names on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment