Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Adventures in Potty Training

It's official... we have started potty training the princess! About a week ago, Addison wanted to sit on her little potty (which she does often because she thinks it's silly) so we didn't think anything of it, until a few minutes later we heard her yelling to us, "I Did It!" And to our total shock, she had actually peed in her potty all by herself! (I almost peed in my pants I was so surprised!) Her teacher at school told us she had also been asking to use the potty there several times that week, so we figured we had to get on board with the potty training business ASAP! So I went out and stocked up on Resolve and M&Ms. Nana was so excited she even sent Addison a special package full of really cool Tinkerbell undies! So the past week we have been working hard with the potty. It was a slow start... at first, Addison didn't really understand when she actually had to go and there was a lot of accidents. I mean, A LOT (hence the need for the Resolve.) But after a few days, she really seemed to be figuring it out and almost a week later, she is doing really well. I'm sure the bribing of M&Ms whenever we have success in the potty is a big factor in that as well... but who cares! If she goes in the potty, she can have M&Ms for breakfast for all I care. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that we are well on our way to successful potty training. We are hoping to avoid that whole "two in diapers" situation : P

A little entertainment while on the potty always helps

No comments:

Post a Comment