Sunday, June 26, 2011

And Then We Were Four

We finally welcomed Avery Reese Weaver on Wednesday, June 15th at 2:35pm. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 15 ozs and almost 20 inches long. After weeks of hoping I would deliver a little early, I finally started having contractions the night of the 14th. After a few hours, I finally decided that maybe we should call the doctor and head to the hospital. We got there around 5:30am but I was still only 4 cm so they wanted me to walk the halls and see if we could get things moving. After a few hours of walking the doctor finally said I was about 6cm and he would admit me and break my water hoping that would keep my labor moving along. Well... after getting an epidural and having my water broken, I got stuck at 7cm so they gave me a very small drip of pitocin which definitely did it's job and within an hour I was at 10cm and ready to push. Avery was very cooperative by this point and it only took about half an hour of pushing for us to greet her.
Now that we are home and getting settled into a new routine, everyone seems to be doing well. Avery has turned out to be a very calm and relaxed baby (knock on wood!) and has a very sweet demeanor already. Addison is really interested in helping with the baby and loves to hold her and kiss on her, but has had a few moments of jealousy. I think she is use to being the center of attention and this is a big change for her, but she is adjusting well. Mommy and Daddy are doing well too... mainly because we are on summer vacation and don't have to worry about work right now.
Enjoy the pictures below and check back often for new updates on baby Avery!
















No comments:

Post a Comment