So where should we start? I guess we can start with the fact that since August rolled around we have been up to our eyeballs in football season. Practices began August 2nd and we've been all about Titan Football ever since. Scott's team has had their first two games so far (both had unfortunate endings if you catch my drift) and we have our third game (and Homecoming game) this Friday night. Everyone keep your fingers crossed and send up a little prayer to the football gods for us!
We started back to school about three weeks ago (yes we are one of those dreaded school systems that goes back before Labor Day.) Scott and I are both back in the teaching mode and Addison is back at Montessori School for another fun filled year of learning. She absolutely LOVES her school, teachers, and of course, all of her friends in her class. She moved up the the "big girl" room, which is esentially the toddler room for 18 months - 2 1/2 years. It is definitely much more engaging and exciting for her and she has become quite the social butterfly. She loves all of her friends and has to hug and kiss them bye bye each day when she leaves. Oh what a diva!
School for me this year is a big change as well. I have taken over teaching the AP World History courses, which is a ton of work, but so far its been fun and rewarding. In addition to that, I have taken on the task of being the Senior Class co-sponsor and I am currently trying to manuever the chaos of sponsoring Homecoming Week for the high school. Again, a ton of work, but so much fun to work with the kids and help them pull off all the Homecoming festivities.
In addition to all this fun, I've also been able to visit with some good friends who recently had babies. My friend Cristin (who I used to coach cheer with) had her little girl, Caylin June, on August 12th and then my best friend from high school, Alison, had her little boy, Paxton, on August 21st. Congrats to them both and just wanted to send a quick shout out to them and say welcome to the world... Addison can't wait to have some new playmates!
Well that should catch everyone up on the latest Weaver Family happenings! Thanks for checking in with us and I promise to blog again soon : )


No comments:
Post a Comment