Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hello Out There!

Hello Out There!!! Long time, no posting! With good reason, mind you. There have been some BIG changes for the Weaver Clan lately (and before you even think it, NO I'm not pregnant again!) I'll try to give you all a quick update on all the latest happenings with us. Some of you may already know, but we sold our house in April!!! This was great, but if we're being really honest here, I was shocked that it sold at all, much less in two months on the market. When Scott talked me into putting it on the market, I was pretty skeptical but went along with it to avoid the argument. Well I guess he had a good idea after all (they are few and far between.) So we sold our house and agreed to close on May 18th. Hooray! We began the house hunting process and found an amazing house (seen here)... Four bedrooms, hardwoods, granite, unfinished basement, great neighborhood for kids, and the "coup de gras", it has a sweet neighborhood pool! So we put in an offer, the builder accepted it, and we were ready to move into our dream home. Until we found out that the type of loan we are doing (USDA loan) takes about four to six weeks to process. So that left us in a bit of a predicament. We were going to be "homeless" for about two weeks (or so we thought.) Scott's parents live here in Roanoke, so they graciously offered to put us up in Casa Weaver until we could get into the new house. With two small kids, this is more than just a slight inconvenience, so we are pretty grateful. So two weeks at Casa Weaver came and went, and the USDA continued dragging their feet on processing our loan. I mean, I'm not trying to be a hater, but they are really upholding the stereotype that the Federal government is about the most inefficient organization EVER! So what we thought was going to be two weeks, has now turned into four weeks. The latest update from our mortgage guy is that we are looking at clsoing this coming Friday. This is great news, minus the fact that we were suppose to be in the house two weeks ago so I have already planned on having Avery's first birthday party there on Friday. I mean that is her actual birthday. So hopefully we will be able to close, get into the house, and have some sort of birthday bash for her on Friday. If not, we are going to pretend that she was born June 22nd and just have her birthday a week late : P So that's the situation at this point. In addition to being homeless for a month now, I packed away all of my digital camera cables so I haven't been able to upload any new pictures of the girls. So I've posted a few of the pics that I had on my phone just to give you all something cute to look at. Keep your fingers crossed that we get to close this week and I'll post new pics of the house once we are in and settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment