Happy Holidays! And welcome back to the new and improved Weaver Family Webpage! After a short six month hiatus from the blogging world, I am FINALLY back in the saddle and ready to give those few of you who take the time to read this, a good, solid update on the Weaver clan. So go pop a bag of popcorn, get a Dr. Pepper out of the fridge, and enjoy a nice, good read tonight courtesy of the Weaver Family Blog : )
In the tradition of the holiday season (and my mother... wat up Frani) I guess I will try to make this blog post a holiday letter of sorts. My mom, every year, (even to this day!) writes a nice long letter that she mails out with her Christmas cards that gives a short summary of what the past year entailed for each of the family members. So here goes my version of the Traditional Family Holiday Letter...
The Weaver Family has had a year full of BIG changes, challenges, and cheer. We kicked off 2012 by putting our house on the market "just to see what would happen." As is often the case, "something" happened a few months later and we suddenly found ourselves in the real estate market. After a very long loan approval process and six weeks of living with Scott's parents, we FINALLY were the proud owners of a brand, spanking new home on June 20th. We were incredibly lucky to get the home we did, at the price point we did, so Scott and I are over the moon about our new home. It has more than enough space for us to add a few more ankle biters to the family, as well as plenty of space to host visitors... (hint hint, come visit us!) With five bedrooms and three and half baths, guests are always welcome.
Both of the girls have had big years, as well. Avery celebrated her first birthday in June and moved to the Toddler classroom at her Montessori school in September. She has certainly grown into her own personality as a toddler and is trying her best to keep up with her big sister in everything. They are usually great friends and enjoy playing with each other, but every now and then, the "sisterly love" flares up and there might be a knock down, drag out fight between them. Anyone who has a sister knows this is just the usual love-hate relationship of sisters. Avery continues to be incredibly lovey and laid back... such an easy kid.
Addison also had a few big changes of her own this year. In May, she "graduated" from Montessori school and in August she transitioned to a public Preschool in the school system Scott and I teach in. She has loved her new classroom and teacher and seems to be doing wonderfully. She is currently working on writing her letters and can write her own name all by herself! (OK, I know, this isn't the place to brag about my kid. But it's my blog... so I do what I want : P ) Addy will be turning four next month, which is incredibly hard to believe that she is that old. In reality, she'll be four going on fourteen... Miss Thang thinks she is really something and has some serious diva skills that she can whip out. I can only imagine what the teenage years will hold for us.
Scott has had another good year in the football world. One of his star players was awarded a full scholarship to play at Duke University, so Scott was lucky enough to go with him to visit the campus, football facilities, and meet the staff back in March. He was highly impressed and apparently they really liked Scott as well, because they asked him to return in June to help run one of their camps. Scott's 2012 football season kicked off in August and it was certainly an up and down season. We had a slow start but steadily gained steam and had a few big wins mid to late season. We finished regular season play with a 6-4 record and got a first round playoff game. Unfortunately we lost in our first playoff game, but as Scott always says, at least they made it into the post season. Scott is looking forward to a lot of big events in 2013... football clinics, a 9 day fishing trip in Canada, and of course, the return of football season once again. Oh joy.
And finally, about myself... well, I've just been doing the same old song and dance for the past year. Mommy, coach's wife, teacher, wannabe homemaker... all in all, nothing too exciting. The biggest news in my department is I have decided to try to get my National Board Certification for teaching. This is a pretty lengthy process that requires quite a bit of work building a portfolio and SIX scored tests, but you know, I have SO much free time just hanging around, I figured one more thing in the mix wouldn't hurt. Actually, the main incentive to getting my Board Certification is the hefty yearly bonus I will receive if I can pass this insane process. Say a little prayer for me in 2013... I'm going to need all the positive energy I can get!
So there you have the rundown of the Weaver Family in 2012. Thrilling, I know. As we move into 2013, I'd like to take just a few more moments of your time to say a few words to our family and friends during this holiday season...
1. If the world really does end on Dec. 21st or if the zombie apocalypse comes and we all turn into flesh eating walkers, please know that I am grateful you read my blog : )
2. If we do in fact make it to 2013, I am forewarning everyone that for the first six months of the year, I will in fact look like death on a stick due to the extreme fatigue and mental exhaustion that I expect to come with my board certification work. When you see me, please don't tell me how awful I look.
3. And finally, the Weavers wish all of you out there a joyous and happy holiday season this year. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or any other holiday, I hope that you all find peace and love this time of the year.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


No comments:
Post a Comment