Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Half Marathon and the Infamous Tie Dye Dress

Just wanted to make a quick post since it's been several weeks and I know certain family members start to get antsy for an Addison fix. There hasn't really been anything too wild and exciting going on with us lately. We are definitely enjoying Spring and counting down the days until school is out for the summer. We have lots of big plans for our summer vacation - Scott will be going to Canada for a week to fish, Addison and I will be in Funchester for 10 days while I attend a College Workshop, we will all be going to the Outer Banks in July with the Moore/Eddins clan, and several other little happenings here and there. We can't wait to see all of our friends and family members this summer! I guess the only noteworthy news to share is that my sister Emily and I ran the Blue Ridge Half Marathon here in Roanoke two weeks ago. It was billed as the toughest half marathon course on the East coast and I definitely agree! Now, keep in mind that we are not professional, hard core runners trying to win the race... we were just in it to finish. And we did! It was a gorgeous course and a great day for the race and Emily and I had a lot of fun doing it together. Slow and steady was our motto and we finished the 13.1 miles in about 2 hours and 50 minutes. Like I said, we're not speed demons, but we managed to cross the finish line : P I've included a few pictures from the race below. I also added a few pictures of the princess in her tie dye dress. If you remember from a few posts ago, Addison's Greatest Aunt Catherine in Arizona sent her the cutest tie dye dress. She wore it to church a few weeks ago and thought that she was just the belle of the ball. It will be a great dress for the summer... thanks Greatest Aunt Catherine!

Below the Roanoke Star at the top of Mill Mountain... not the greatest pic, but proof that we made it up the mountain!
Top of Mill Mountain with Roanoke behind us...only 6 miles in and we already were looking rough!

Cutie pants

Looking good in tie dye... my little hippie baby : )

Showing off her tie dye dress

Just thought this was a funny pic... could she get any closer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment