Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Road Trip to Funchester

This past weekend Addison and I headed to Funchester (Winchester for all of you out there who didn't have the joyous pleasure of being raised there) to visit Granni Frani, Papaw Tater, and Auntie Em. Yes, I know that our family members sound like they could be a part of Jed Clampett's crew, but it's just our way of paying homage to our redneck West Virginia roots (or something like that) : P Anyway, Scott had a Football Clinic in Wake Forest for the weekend and I had Friday off, so Addison and I packed up and made the trek to Funchester. Once we got there we had a fun filled weekend of going to the park, feeding the ducks, playing on the playground, and just hanging out and having fun. Of course Granni Frani and Papaw Tater spoiled her rotten while we were there, so now that we are back home and in the real world, I think Addison is having grandparents withdrawal. We returned to Roanoke on Sunday and Addison was super excited that Daddy was waiting for us. She also has a special surprise gift waiting on her that came from her Greatest Aunt Catherine who lives in Arizona (sorry all you other great aunts, I've been informed that her official title must be "Greatest" Aunt Catherine!) Apparently Greatest Aunt Catherine felt Addison's wardrobe needed some color infusion and she sent us the cutest tie dye dress! As soon as it warms up a little, we will post pictures of Addison modeling her new dress. Enjoy the pictures and video from our trip!




Playing at the playground in Funchester

With Auntie Em after going down the slide

Addison and Mommy at the Pond

Silly Granni, those don't fit me!

Granni Frani, Papaw Tater, and Addison

Totally wiped out after a long day of playing and feeding the ducks

On our way back to Roanoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment